Star x Crescent strongly believes in education and is proud to support the work of The Citizen’s Foundation (TCF) who breakdown the barriers for girls to attend school in Pakistan.
Over the past 24 years TCF has become Pakistan's leading education charity for the less privileged and is currently running 1,652 school units educating 266,000 children, almost 50% of which are girls. According to The Economist, TCF is 'perhaps the largest network of independently run schools in the world'.
TCF’s model focuses on providing quality education through purpose built schools located in the heart of Pakistan’s urban slums and rural communities. With an all female faculty, TCF is proud to be the largest private employer of women in Pakistan.
TCF also runs community programmes including:
- An award-winning female adult literacy programme called Aagahi
- Vocational training progamme for women
- Clean drinking water project
- Alumni development programme to support and guide TCF students with university tests and applications and help with finding scholarships
Since 2016, TCF has also adopted government schools across the country to improve enrolment and learning outcomes of children through implementing its successful education model. TCF's ambition is to impact 2 million children by 2030.
TCF is professionally managed, audited and has been recognised internationally and won the following awards:
- UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy (2017)
- Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneurship Award (2015)
- Ramon Magsaysay Award (2014)
- Clinton Global Initiative Partner (2010)
To learn more about TCF please visit: www.tcf-uk.org